Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Session No. 55 Capitol Tues Night (10/16)

4/8-Kill: TP = +$50 TSP = 1 Hr
9/18: TP = +120 TSP = 3 Hrs 30 Min

I got out to Cap around 9pm or so. To my suprise, the waiting list was virtually non-existent for both 4/8 and 9/18, and I was quickly seated at the 4/8-Kill table. I folded my entire first orbit before winning a hand on my first big blind. Then folded another orbit before winning my second hand on my big blind. Pretty fun. After that I lost a couple pots I limped behind and found myself around +$50. After playing through my blinds and dealer button, I was called over the intercom to head to the 9/18 table.

I headed over to seat two and saw a couple of familiar faces. In seat one was Ahsan (I misspelled his name last blog entry), seat three was this guy named Danny Williams who I used to go to high school with, and seat seven was this middle-aged lady (I think her name is Debbie) who I have played with maybe five times or so. These three were probably the most solid players at the table.

Anyway, I had some really cold cards to start my 9/18 run. I don't think I won a pot for the first hour or so...give or take 10 minutes. I finally got down to 25 $3 chips before finally re-buying and hoping for a turn around. Two big hands later (AJos in a kill pot and QQ), I found myself close to even.

The AJ hand was kind of interesting. First off, I was UTG with seven players at the table. I put six chips out in order to raise, then I hear the dealer say, "alright six chips to call." Huh? Oooops...someone killed it last hand I only just called called UTG with my AJ. Whoops. A guy in seat five who just sat down calls, and it gets folded around to the Ahsan in the BB who decides to fold as well. So we're HU to a flop of...

J:c:3:s:2:s:

I led out, then seat five decided to raise. Interesting...I was scared of a baby set at first, but then I decided there's a ton of other hands out there that this guy might think are good since I didn't actually raise pre-flop. I three-bet and he only called. Looks good so far...if he capped I probably would have wet my pants...

The turn was an eight of hearts. I bet out again and the villain quickly called. At this point I was thinking he either had a weaker jack (KJ-JT) or a flush draw. I didn't want to see anymore paint or anymore spades...

River: K:d:

Hmm...I opted to check and the villain quickly threw 12 chips out there. At this point I have to call, as the only hand that can really beat me is a set or KJ. Hopefully he's bluffing with some whiffed spades or trying to value bet a worse hand. "You got me" the villain said as he flipped over A9 of spades with a scowl. Nice...my check drew out a bluff from a couple of spades.

Anyway, some time goes by and I take a couple beats with 99 and AK, and slowly but surely my stack is going back down. Ahsan felt so bad about cracking my 99 with a gutty, he offered to buy me a beer...nice guy haha. I took a coke instead and all was well. At this point I'm starving and my friend the 4/8 Superdonk texts me and asks me if I want to grab a bite to eat. I tell him to come down to Cap and I'll buy us some food.

Right as he gets there (20 minutes later), I get dealt 76 of spades in the cutoff. It's a full table now and people are limping in with an assortment of crap. Three limpers to me, so I limp behind. I think about six of us see a flop of...

K:d:8:s:4:s:

That's about as good of a flop as I can get. It gets checked around to seat nine who bets. Since there's no one in between me and seat nine, I just call in hopes of building a nice pot. I get three callers behind me and all is well.

Turn: T:h:

Yikes. Missed everything there. It checks around again to seat nine who bets, I call, and everyone else folds. Oh well. Five or a spade please...actually...give me a five of spades so I can win the High hand for the night...

River: 3:s:

Close. Seat nine checked to me and I bet out. He quickly called and was disgusted when I showed my 7-high flush. I think a five of clubs would have got me another big bet, but who am I to complain? That pot brought me up to about even. A couple hands later I flopped trips with QT of clubs in a kill pot and walked away from the table up a couple of stacks.

After eating, I just decided to call it a night. Depending on a couple of different people (girls obv), I may or may not play cards tomorrow night. Stay tuned.

No comments: