Thursday, October 18, 2007

Session No. 56 Capitol Weds Night (10/17)

4/8-Kill: TP = +$80 TSP = 1 Hr
9/18: TP = -$160 TSP = 5 Hrs

A lot to talk about today...lots. Unfortunately I gotta get to sleep here pretty soon because I have to go into work early (6pm) tonight. Basically I played pretty well at 4/8 and a lot of things went right.

9/18 again started off horrendously slow. I ran into a couple big hands, misplayed a couple hands of my own, folded a ton, and overall things just never went well. I was down from the get-go and never got back up.

The first hand after my "must-move" to the main game absolutely killed me. I was already down about four stacks ($240) and this lost me two more. I get two black tens in the CO with 8 players...oh and it's a kill pot. One player limps in, I raise, then the SB 3-Bets. The limper folds and I just call...hoping for a low flop or a ten obv. There's already 18 $3 chips a piece in there, not to mention the six chips from the limper and the $8 left over from the blinds.

Flop: 8:s:6:s:4:c:

Shit. If he's got an overpair, I'm really fucked...because now I'm probably seeing this hand to the end. The villain leads out, and I pause for a second before raising. He only calls and I start feeling better. Spades maybe? Just overs?

Turn: 4:d:

Good card. He checks, I bet, and he calls rather quickly.

River: 2:h:

He checks, and I opt to check behind. He shows JJ and takes the pot. Talk about a punch in the stomach.

Anyway, things actually got better after that. I flopped a couple of big sets, but an ace on the turn in a kill-pot killed the action on one of them. Oh well...as is life. The game felt really close-nit tonight for some reason, as a lot of pots were being checked down and everyone seemed to know each other. They treated me pretty well too, but still, I don't like games where everyone seems to know one another. Maybe it's because it was pretty late (3am or so), and all that was left playing were the regulars.

Anyway, some feedback would be nice. Leave some love.

2 comments:

Fender403 said...

Dear Santi,

We Miss you.

Regards,

The Dealers from Cache Creek

Anyways, that TT hand was pretty brutal, but there was nothing that you could do.

Lunch tomorrow?

Nik Santi said...

Yes...let's think of where.