Sunday, November 28, 2010

100 Big Bets?! (Part 2)

Hi again, here to finish up the 100bb day hopefully. Like I mentioned yesterday, I had a couple maniacs at my table and things were starting to click. After winning a couple killpots I found myself up at least a rack ($200) and some change. The next hour or so I was involved in some spots with both maniacs, usually taking them to showdown with midpairs and sometimes Ace-high, winning most of the showdowns I was involved in with them. Not much else I can ask for.

It really was a whirlwind, as we would go from a full game to SH play and back to full again, I never really had time to jot down notes during this time. I do remember a hand that occurred right as my friend Tony (some of you know him as fender403) arrived on the scene. I had asked him to meet up with me for lunch and play cards earlier that morning; perhaps texting tony to meet up for lunch = boomswitch? I may have to try it again soon.

Anyway, PS (our maniac in seat six) opens the pot for a raise, a couple callers in between, and I see QT of diamonds on the button. Had it been folded in between the maniac and myself I probably would three-bet this, instead I'm actually a tad worried about the callers in between. They were older players, had come off as passive, and they would slowplay decent pairs and big cards (mostly out of fear). I wanted to see a cheap flop against them and the maniac, hopefully crush the flop, then reap the rewards of him going nutso.

I called, the SB called, as did the BB. Step 1: see a cheap flop - Success. The flop came out KJ9 with two clubs. Step 2: Crush the flop - Success. The blinds checked to PS who bet, one fold, one of the more passive players raised, I three bet, Blinds fold, PS calls, passive player caps, I call and PS calls. The passive player capping made me feel like I may be chopping the pot. That is until a non-club three fell of on the turn and it was checked to me. I bet, and both players called. The river was another blank, no pairing the board, no club (I still had the nuts), and both players check/called. Weeeeeeeeeeee. Fender just shook his head, and I could tell what he was thinking. ("Must. Be. Nice.)

Or "ship it, ship it all" could work there too I guess. Tony had a seat waiting for him over at 4/8, and we planned on grabbing lunch after he put some time in. One hand I remember in between then and lunch I picked up 54 of diamonds in the BB. Folded to PS who open limped from the cutoff. Huh? Kinda weird...maybe he was afraid he wouldn't get action. KV obliged by raising the button from the seven seat, folded to me and I defend from the BB, PS LRR to three bets and KV caps. "Ughhh I guess I'm the monkey in the middle" I said.

Flop: 744

Boy does it suck to be me. I check, PS checks, KV checks. Someone slowplaying a big pair?

The turn was a five. Oh cool, a fullhouse huh? I bet, PS raises, KV folds, I three-bet and he only calls. River is a blank, I bet he calls.

Godmode engaged.

After lunch (Patty Melt on rye with mustard) I came back to a couple fun kill pots. I think my stack was +$800ish at this point, when I picked up Queens in a killpot. I open to six chips (call), guy in seat four is newer and raises to 12 chips ($24), PS three bets to $36, folds around back to me and I cap it ($48).

The flop comes out 222. No you didn't misread that, the board came out with three ducks. I checked, seat four checked, PS bet, I checkraised, seat four called, PS 3-bet, I capped, seat four called, PS called. ($48 times three players = weeeee)

288

I'm pretty confident at this point I had the best hand, as a six came off on the turn. This time I opted to lead, seat four called, PS raised again (if he has AA or KK good for him, I'm going to lose the max against someone who has proved to be a maniac for the last few hours), I three bet ($64), seat four finally folds, and PS only calls. The river is another baby card, I bet, he calls while saying "I missed"

I show QQ and am good for a pot close to $500, with over $300 of it being profit. I went on to win a smaller killpot about an orbit or so after this and that put me over +$1200 for the day and over 100 big bets for the session. That was a sick run that I probably won't be able to duplicate for a long, long time.

No comments: