Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Slow Day at 6/12, a Monster at 4/8 (Part1)

I rolled into Capitol at about 10pm Monday night after a nice pho dinner with a friend.



Does it get any better than that? Throw in some limes, Sriracha, pepper and a diet coke...then some poker after?! What a Monday night. Anyway, like I said, poker. I put my name on the 6/12 and 4/8 lists, waited for 10 minutes and found myself on a 6/12 table with a few regs I've been playing with for the last few weeks.

The table was okay, one of the regs was stuck so she was playing tighter and was much less action than normal. An older guy by the name of Tim was on an absolute heater all night, just crushing the table. He eventually cashed out 5 racks or so, no idea what he bought in for though. He kinda looks like Doc Brown from Back to the Future, and received some needles from Feliz who showed up about 20 mins after me and another player who goes by "D." "GREAT SCOTT" they would yell on scary turns/rivers where he was in a hand. All in all it was a pretty entertaining table.



Unfortunately aside from taking advantage of a drunk guy who crushed his NL table for about 1k, I ran kinda slow. Feliz was getting a good roll of cards and was able to get some three bets in against the drunk NL player, Doc Brown was crushing with anything and everything, and my stack stayed pretty even keel.

Oh one thing I did run good at was a side game dubbed "5 Chip Chop" with D and Feliz. Basically when the hand gets folded to the blinds, SB and BB set aside five $2 chips and play best hand wins (while paying no rake obv). Feliz and D were in the two and three seat playing, D asked me if I wanted to play as well and I snap said of course. Basic rules - high card wins, but a pair > a-high. First time it's folded around D starts cursing and practically throws his chips at me. I squeeze out a seven of hearts and show it to him. He mucks his cards immediately. LOL. We only chopped one other time, my T7 > his 76. So I came up 20 bucks there and the dude bought me a Guiness. I tried to return the favor but he was leaving soon and told me to get him next time.

A couple of hands vs the drunk guy:

AK diamonds in the BB. DG opens from CO after an EP call, I 3-bet, gets capped. Three ways to a JT3 flop with two diamonds. I lead, EP folds, DG raises, I 3-bet, he calls. Turn is a King I bet, he calls. River is a blank I bet he calls, AK good.

I have 55 in EP and open, folds around to DG who defends his blind then tells me "if I get a piece I'm betting." He has less than 20 chips in his hand at this point. Flop comes T5x and he leads. I call. Turn is a 3, he bets I raise enough to put him all in, he calls and shows T3os. River blanks out.

6/12 totals (including 5 chip chop or 5CC) = +40 for about three hours

I'll post more later today or tomorrow about my three hour 4/8-Kill session immediately following this, where I ran much, much better

No comments: