Friday, August 31, 2007

Session No. 45 Capitol Thursday (8/30)

9/18: TP = +$185 TSP = 4 Hrs 30 Min
4/8: TP = +$25 TSP = 1 Hr

So it had been about a week since I had been back to Cap...and I think I've only played at Cache once or twice this month :(

Honestly, I've been having a bit more of a social life as of late, coupled with work and overall laziness = less time to play cards. I took a week off at the beginning of this month, planning to play a bunch in the last three weeks. But car trouble, girls, and a hot weather can be blamed for me basically turning into a slug. I could play today and grind...but I'm working on little sleep and I just don't see it happening.

So, the daytime Cap players aren't much better than the night-timers. I folded a lot at 4/8 and I folded even more at 9/18. I won a couple big pots after losing a couple stacks, and then proceeded to be card dead for the rest of the day. The highest I was up was maybe $230 or so, and the lowest I was down was probably about $120.

The biggest hand of the day was KQ of clubs in the Cutoff. Two limpers, I raise, SB and BB come along for the ride with the two limpers.

Flop: J:c:9:s:3:c:

I flopped a gutty with a flush draw. Checked to me, I bet, one fold, the rest called.

Turn: 6:c:

Beautiful card...knowing Cap players, I'm pretty sure the Ace-high flush raises that flop or bets into me. It gets checked to me, I bet, BB calls, and then one of the limpers raises me, I 3-Bet, BB folds, and then the limper just calls.

River: T:d:

Limper leads out again, I raise, He calls and I win the pot. He didn't show, but I'm guessing he had a lower flush...

After that hand I won a few small pots, lost a few small pots, and played until I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. I went home, slept for a few hours, went to work, and now I'm here...

Not the best day, but it's better than losing $600 I guess :)

3 comments:

Fender403 said...

Santi played during the day??

Yup, there it is, hell is freezing over.

Nik Santi said...

LOL...no joke huh?

Jake said...

i had an equally funny story in my blog from the other night. JJ accidentally exposed his cards and KJ called all in in NL. wow.