Tuesday, August 7, 2007

On Break

Sorry for the lack of updates lately guys, but I needed a break from both live poker and updating this blog. I never realized how much I hate talking about losing sessions :)

In all seriousness, I feel like when I talk about a bad session, it goes something like this: "I made a mistake here and there, but I think I mostly ran bad. I ran ridiculously well two months ago, so I can see how variance might be kicking in a little." I don't like saying that everytime, but I honestly can't see myself doing anything wrong. Maybe I'm right, or maybe I'm delusional, either way, I'm not going to post about coolers or suckouts over and over...it's just not my thing.

So I'm jumping back on the horse tomorrow. My goal for the month is to play the 9/18 game at a minimum of 40 hrs this month and hopefully churn out 2BB/Hr. I think this goal is both challenging yet attainable.

I did play poker this past Sunday for what it's wortth. It was Capitol's $60 Donkament, and the only reason I went is because one of my co-workers wanted me to go with him. This was my first live tournament in over two years...and I was out by the second level.

Hero has 850 in chips, Villain 1 has 2K, Villain 2 had 550

Hero is dealt KK UTG

Pre-flop:
Hero limps, 3 folds, Villain1 calls, 2 folds, Villain2 shoves, everyone folds to me, I over-shove, Villain1 doesn't see me overshove and calls Villain1's shove...debates for awhile, then puts in the extra 300 for my shove.

Cards are flipped

Hero has KK
Villain 1 has 88
Villain 2 has A4 of diamonds

Flop: J93 no diamonds
Turn: 8 Fuck
River: Blank

Terrible...this is why I hate tournaments. So I go to put my name on the 9/18 list and find myself 21st on the list. No thanks...I fork up the $5 to my buddy Rick for the last longer bet I just lost between him and his uncle and I bounce.

Anyway, like I said, I'm playing tomorrow and can't wait. Should be fun.

No comments: