Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Session No. 43 Capitol Monday Night (8/20)

4/8 Kill: TP = +$40 TSP = 1 Hr BB/Hr: 5BB/Hr
9/18 Kill: TP = +$440 TSP = 5 Hrs BB/Hr: 4.89BB/Hr

Alright well after having a great run at Cache Saturday night, I was pretty eager to get back to the tables. I got to Cap around 7pm and found myself eighth on the 9/18 waiting list. The one thing I can't stand about Cap is the time I spend on the waiting lists there...it's ridiculous. Cache almost never has a wait...

Anyway, the 4/8 Kill game was pretty boring...I won two solid pots, and folded the rest of the time...pretty standard for that game. I don't like this game as much as Cache Creek's...mainly because there is no kill-blind after the player kills the pot. So the stakes double, but there's no real incentive to steal...

So after an hour of waiting I get called over to the 9/18 game and proceeded to raise my first three of five hands. I had AK twice and AQ once. I took the pots down with c-bets all three times...and only hit the flop once (AQ on a board of KQ7).

So I got three premiums right away...with almost nothing to show for it. Oh well. The next couple of orbits I folded mostly, but then the fourth orbit saw more raising from me. I raised AK from the cutoff, and again I won with a c-bet...ugh, tight table.

A couple hands later I looked down at 66 in MP. It folds to me, so I raise. I get cold-called twice behind me (both weak players) and then the BB also called (another weak player). I thought I was screwed for sure, but the flop came...

Flop: K96 with two clubs

Boom. BB checks to me, I bet, and get called by all three players. Nice.

Turn: 3 of spades

Check, Bet, called twice.

River: 4 of clubs

Weak. Oh well...I fire anyway. Called in both spots and still take down a nice pot.

After that hand I was up close to $170 and feeling good. Unfortunately, I went card dead for about an hour and a half and could not get anything going. I basically blinded/whiffed myself down to -$40 or so before I went on a ridiculous run.

The first hand of this run was a lucky flop out of my BB. I had 52 of clubs and it was limped around...I check and see a flop of..

Flop: 322 rainbow.

Haha nice. SB leads, I call, UTG raised, folded around, SB only calls, I 3-Bet, both call

Turn: Q

SB checked, I bet, UTG called, SB folds

River: 7

I bet, UTG called and I win the pot.

Two hands later I was dealt 44 OTB. It gets limped in three spots before me, I call, SB completes BB checks

Flop: 433 with two diamonds

BOOM! Gets checked to the Cutoff who bets, I call, two other callers

Turn: 7 of diamonds

Checks to Cutoff who bets, I call, one fold, EP Check-Raises, Cutoff 3-Bets, I Cap, EP folds, Cutoff calls all-in and shows 73

River blanks out and I hold up for a nice pot.

Very next hand I win with a c-bet, so that makes the next hand a kill pot. I get dealt JTs hearts behind two limpers and we see a flop five-handed.

Flop: Q:h:8:h:7:c:

Checks to me, I bet, get called in two spots.

Turn: K:h:

Oh wow, I now have an open-ended straight-flush/Royal-flush draw. Checks to me, I bet, button calls

River: 8:d:

Hmm...I bet, button calls. I show a Jack-high flush and win another good pot.

After that I won a couple more big hands and the highest I found myself up was about $700 ($1K total in chips in front of me), but I lost a couple big hands toward the end of my night and ended up "only" coming up $440. I cashed out, grabbed a bite to eat with my friend, then called it a night.

Not bad...Up close to 1K in a little over 48 hours...this game really is amazing.

No comments: