Saturday, May 3, 2008

There's Something About May...

I wish it was May all year long...

Looking back at old posts, I ran like a freaking Kenyan on crack in May last year, and the first session of May this year did not disappoint. I seem to be doing this in my last five entries, but once again, sorry for the lack of updates. I think I've played live only once/week for the last five weeks, mostly break-even or barely winning, so my desire to blog has been non-existent.

Why the lack of playing? Well I have a couple excuses, though not necessarily good ones. I've been working alot more and also focusing on losing weight. Both kinda suck, but they're also things that have to be done, so there's that. Work's going to start slowing down again hopefully, which will lead to maybe playing two-three nights a week vs. just one.

The weight loss has been going really well by the way...I'm down from 230 to about 215 and I'm noticeably stronger than I was a couple months ago. My goal at this point is somewhere around 205, but it's more of a look/feel goal more than anything. If I like the way I look at 210, then I'll be happy...if I don't like the way I look/feel at 205...then maybe I'll have to attempt to dip below the 200 mark :shock: Let's hope that's not the case though, I like being a "bigger" guy...

So anyway, on to the session. It actually started pretty bleh...I only bought in for a rack and lulled for awhile...had to reload...then went on a good run after that. I think the good run started when every TPTK hand I had started to hold...you know you're running well when you get three callers on the turn and your pair of kings with a jack-kicker holds. The pots were mostly multiway (i.e. huge), and since I raised most of my hands pre-flop, I was making a lot of money per hand. There was a guy in seat one who basically limped every hand (brutal for him since I was in seat three) who eventually turned to me and asked "so you're basically going to raise every hand huh?" I responded with a "hah...obv...why would I limp?" <3 Raising

We went shorthanded a lot because of this player named Tina (looks like she could be Mimi Tran's 4/8 stunt double) who had to get up every orbit to go play slots...so it allowed me to open up even more. This hand got a guy pissed at me...

There's one limper from EP (seat nine), folds to me in seat three (hijack) and I raise with A7 of clubs, cutoff calls, bb calls, limper calls. Flop comes 7-3-2 with one club. Checks to me, I bet, cutoff calls and limper calls. Turn was the eight of clubs...checks to me and I bet, cutoff raises, limper folds and I call. River was a seven, I bet intending to bet/call and cutoff disgustedly calls and flips over 32 for a flopped two pair (he basically beats nothing now). I get lambasted with a "nice catch" as he racks up his chips and storms away. lol...good stuff. Guy calls my raise with 32os and gets pissed at me for "rivering" him when any ace, seven, eight, or club is good.

I ran my chips up to about +360 before I absolutely tanked it and got coolered like no other for about an hour and a half. AK < KK when a King flops, AA loses a huge kill pot, and I think I ran AK into Kings again...I got them all back though after a late inning rally and cashed out +360/seven hour session. Good stuff. This game is so fun when you're running well, I need to remember that when I'm complaining about running cold or getting beat up.

Thanks for reading, sorry for not updating, and hopefully I'll see ya guys soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May is great, my birthday is in this month, which is the main reason it's great.

Move your blog over to 67s and you'll be inspired to post more! I need more blogs to read anyway.