Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Session No. 103 (lol royal flushaments)

Yup, you read that correctly. So I rolled into Capitol at about 10pm and was actually seated at a kill table right away. It wasn't very busy, in fact, that was probably the emptiest I had seen the place at 10pm...of course, it was a Tuesday night.

I started off my session pretty bleh...limped behind a lot more than I'm used to, but I was getting a lot of smaller pairs and some suited connectors I didn't want to get too fancy with. After about 40 mins my kill table broke and I won yet another high card draw to be 1st on the kill list and to get a seat at the regular 4/8 table. I won a few big 4/8 pots and I went from down $80 to up $70 by the time my name was called for the kill table.

As I sat down in the eight seat, I said hello to Sue in the one seat and a nice black lady I've played with before (her name is Ally I believe) in the nine seat. Sue was playing a lot of hands and had a hefty amount of chips in front of her (I'd guess 400 or so), and Ally had about the same.

I went pretty cold again after getting to the kill table, that is until this hand came up. A couple limpers in EP, I look down at QJ suited in diamonds from the button and raise, the blinds and limpers call.

Flop: A:d:K:d:3:h:

Grrrrreat flop...but I can't help but think to myself that everytime I've ever had a Royal flush draw of some sort I usually end up missing everything. Checks to me, I obv bet, get called in three spots.

Turn: 2:d:

Well...so much for missing everything. Checks to me yet again, I bet, and I get two callers...might have been three.

River: T:d:

Boom. Checks to me, I bet, get one caller and show my first ever live royal flush. I think I hit one on UB back in the day, but f that, this is real life lol. The bonus was $300 on top of the pot, so yeah, real cool stuff.

After that I actually ran card dead yet again...it was funny, Ally was talking some stuff about how I just "sit down and hit a royal flush" whereas this whole time I've been at the table she's been coloring up rack after rack while flopping huge hands with absolute junk. She had six yellow stacks ($5 chips) and a ton of orange in front of her when she said that...the old "grass is always greener" saying definitely applied to her haha...

So yeah, more time passes and my stack is actually dwindling (they paid the 300 out to me in cash) and I finally look down at a premium hand (two red queens). This older black guy has just sat down in seat four, but I recognized him immediately as one of the better players I have played against. I want to say his name is Isaac...but that could be way wrong. Anyway, he open raises from UTG+1, gets cold-called in one spot, I 3-bet, Ally caps behind me (this means nothing btw since she's been on her any two card heater) and the blinds and other people call...I think we see this flop 6-handed.

Flop: Q:s:T:c:9:h:

Jesus...flop is coordinated...but at least it's rainbow. Checks to Isaac who bets, one call, I raise, everyone calls, Isaac only calls.

Turn: 3:h:

Decent card, checks to me, I bet, and gets called by just about everyone. At this point my stack is under $100 (I brought 170 on the table with me, cashed out $100 from the 4/8), and I just remember thinking "pair the board or throw up a baby." I was pretty close to positive no one had a straight (there definitely would have been a donkbet or raise somewhere), but I was also certain any King, Jack, eight or heart would have destroyed my hand.

As the dealer flips over the river card I can see that it's a heart, thankfully it was the T:h:. Checks to me, I bet, hoping someone would get bold and raise their trip tens or rivered flush, but instead I get two callers and it folds to Isaac who shows me Jacks and folds. I showed my boat (which was obv good), and the guy in seat two tells me he's happy he didn't raise his flush. Ally says she's happy she didn't raise her trip tens...not sure I believe either of them, but I'm not raising those hands on the river either.

All in all it's been a great couple of weeks (*knock on wood*), hopefully I can keep it up. Thanks for reading.

7 comments:

Fender403 said...

May = lol Santi Rungoodaments !!!

Good work sir.

Anonymous said...

SICKO!!!!! MAY IS CRACK MONTH FOR YOU!!!

whatyouknow45 said...

lol bloggaments

Anonymous said...

Royal flushes are cool... even if they are in limit :P

Keep up the good blogging, man!

Anonymous said...

Only your second ever?

I think I have had seven in HE. And about three in PLO.

Very nice though.

Anonymous said...

Total profit for that session, including royalflushbonusaments?

Nik Santi said...

It was almost less than the $300 I got for the Royal flush :-)

Ended up being +$400 or so