Friday, May 9, 2008

Session No. 101 or something...

Went back to Cache last night, this time with Tony and the Superdonk. When we got there I had to take a monster piss (I felt like I was about three years old, falling over myself as I powerwalked with my legs crossed to the bathroom)...so I met up with them a couple minutes later in the poker room with a seat waiting for me. Lucky for me they both decided to play at the same table (two 4/8-Kill games were running) and I was left to play all alone (woohoo!) with eight other slobbering limidonks at the other 4/8 table.

As I sat down, I noticed this couple named Steve and Julie playing from the seven and eight seat. They're both decent, definitely the best players at the table before I sat down...they still have some obvious leaks though (mostly limping way too much with crap). My first couple orbits were fold fests...I seriously couldn't find a hand to play. I think I might have played one hand out of the blinds during my first two dealer rotations (one hour), here it is:

UTG folds, Steve raises from UTG+1 with AKos, I 3-bet from the nine seat, seat one folds, seat two caps, everyone folds except me and Steve who obv call.

Flop is a bit nasty: AQT rainbow

Steve bets, I raise, seat 2 calls all-in. Turn and river blank out and Steve check/calls me down for a decent sized pot. He told me he either thought we were chopping (AK) or I had him beat with (AA, QQ, AQ, etc). Steve has seen me run really well/play well, so I knew him and his wife wouldn't be paying me off too much...thankfully I overheard them say they'd be leaving soon to go eat. Steve ended up cashing out a couple orbits later...since I had shown up to the table, I had seen him flop trips a couple times and turn a couple straights in kill pots...he was straight destroying the table. Needless to say I wasn't happy seeing him walk away with all those chips (I wanted him to give some back to the donks or me obv), but I was happy to see a couple ~decent players leave and hopefully be replaced with some SAGs (Sick Asian Gamblers...they make up roughly 97% of Cache Creek's poker room).

Anyway, as soon as Steve and Julie take off, I catch fire. The first hand Steve gets up I take the big blind and get dealt two red aces. I raise after five limpers call and then bet every street, raking in a nice pot. Very next hand from the SB I complete with KJos and see a K73 flop. I opt to check with the intention of raising...it checks all the way to the woman in the six seat who has just played awful so far, she bets, I raise, I get one caller, everyone folds to her, and she calls.

The turn is another King. I fire, get the other player to fold, and she raises. I had seen her already over-value trips with a J-kicker when a straight and flush both got there on the river (a guy bet/called her and she still won btw...like I said...these players are really bad), so I insta-3-bet, she calls. River is a blank, I bet, she calls and I turn over KJ, not sure if it was good or not. She shows K4 (good read Nik) and mucks unhappily. So after folding for four or five orbits, I won a couple huge pots back to back and was up close to a rack...sweet.

The rest of the session is a bit of a blur from here...I know I floated around +100 for awhile before Joe sat down and helped me catch fire. The one hand that stands out was a hand I thought I lost. It gets limped in a few spots before me, I look down at AK and raise obv, I think we see the flop five-handed...

Flop: 833 rainbow

All check to me (I think I'm in position), and I bet. This is a good board for my hand really...unfortunately I get three callers and am pretty much ready to shutdown.

The turn is the Ace of clubs though...all check to me again, and I bet. The SB folds, and then the BB starts mini-tanking. He had sat down a couple orbits ago, and so far, he seemed like the only player at the table who could form a cognitive thought for why he was making a certain play. At this point I was trying to think what hands he'd defend his BB with that contained a three...

Lots of hands I guess, especially since he was in the BB (half price) and three limpers behind him are likely calling. He finally raises, two folds, and I opt to call down. The river is a nine and he quickly fires eight more into the pot. I paused for a few seconds, not because I was entertaining the idea of folding, but mainly to make it look like I'd at least consider it haha. I eventually call and he quickly says "well if you have the ace you're good..." I just kinda nod and say "yeah I guess I turned you" and he showed 98 for three-pair (which is only really good in Pai Gow).

Anyway, it's my friend's bday tonight, so I gotta go get ready. Hopefully I'll come back and blog about some more hands...of course, I'll have to remember them first. Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SAG's!! :lol:

That is great. 53 is Goot!