Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Reno: Weds Session 96 (3/19)

TP = +$15 (weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!) TT: 5 Hrs

Played El Dorado with Todd again and these words from Todd basically summed up my first couple of hours. "Wow man, you're running like dog shit..." Pretty good summary to say the least. Todd was running like a Kenyan on crack whilst I couldn't dodge a cooler or hit a flop to save my life.

As is normally the case though, I found a way to double up and basically get myself back to even. Pre-flop I opened with Tens from UTG+1, get called in three spots behind me. Flop came T66 with two spades. Thank you God? I bet $25 into the field...fold, fold, pretty passive player raises to $75. I shove for like $85 more and am expecting a snap-call after I Hollywood for a few seconds until I notice the guy tanking. Shit. I guess I should have flat-called then CRAI on the turn? "I put you on three hands, but I can only beat one of them (i.e. he has horribly played pair of Queens)" He finally calls and I table the boat and he pukes in his mouth...board blanks out and I double up.

Only other hand of interest is where I make it $8 to go with my pair of eights UTG+1 when I meant to say "raise to $10." Now I feel like a complete idiot after getting called in like 5 spots...that is until the flop comes 8-high. Unfortunately it's 876 with two hearts...mother of God. The same guy I stacked with the tens donk bets $15 into me, one fold, I raise to $50 total, and everyone folds (including the donk-bettor). Probably for the best, though hitting running twos and winning a $600+ pot would have been really nice...

That's all for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Santi. I have played at the El Dorado before...Reno is kinda dry in Poker. The Golfing is fantastic though!

Nik Santi said...

Hey Champ, good to be back. Golfing in Reno would be cool if I didn't suck at golf lol...