Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Session No. 88 Capitol Tues Night (2/19)

4/8-Kill: TP = +$55 TT: 4 Hrs

Wow...sick heater pre-flop wise...not so much post-flop. After getting to the kill table, I went on a pretty sick run with AK/AQ flopping TPTK or better and actually holding. I was up $160 after about an hour and feeling pretty good...

Ever get those instances where you wonder "what if?" A "butterfly effect" sorta thing. Anyway, I skipped a blind so I could take a quick leak and grab a coke from the vending machine. I get back in time to post in the cutoff...cool, don't have to wait until the blinds get back...the next four hands are sick.

The guy from last session named Jeff is UTG+1 in seat 8, he ends up limping in, seat 9 (older asian guy, complete donkey) raises, seat 1 folds, I 3-bet out of seat 2 with QQ, Button folds, blinds fold, Jeff and seat 9 only call.

Flop: J:c:9:c:5:c:

Fuck me...did I mention I have no clubs? Jeff and seat 9 check, I bet, Jeff folds, seat nine calls. Alarms are going off in my head already...

Turn: Q:h:

Hey alright, I hit my set. Seat 9 checks, I bet, and he raises. Fuck. Did he flop the clubs? I call and hope to boat up...

River: 4:s:

He bets, I consider raising, but just call and he shows KT of spades for a turned straight. Wow...nice.

Very next hand I get dealt AKos, seat nine limps in, seat 1 folds, I raise, folds around to BB who calls and seat nine calls. I end up flopping a king and getting paid off each street by seat 9. Pretty standard.

Next hand I get dealt AQos. Seat 1 folds, I raise, Jeff defends from the SB and seat nine defends from the BB.

Flop: 8:h:6:h:3:h:

I have the Ace of hearts btw...checks to me, I bet, Jeff raises, folds to me so we're HU now, I 3-bet, he caps.

Turn: 3:d:

He bets and is all-in, I call, river blanks out, turns out he flopped a flush.

Hand after that I get dealt black Kings UTG. Yeah, you're reading this correctly, we're like 7-handed, and I've now had QQ, AK, AQ, and now KK in the last four hands. I raise UTG, folds to Jeff who is OTB and calls, seat 9 calls from the SB and the BB calls.

Flop: Q83 rainbow

Checks to me I bet, Jeff raises, Blinds fold, I 3-bet, Jeff calls

Turn: 4

I bet, Jeff raises, I call

At this point I didn't know what to do really. I wasn't sure if he thought I was full of shit because I've now raised four times in a row pre-flop or if he actually had a strong hand. Jeff almost never gets out of line after the flop, in fact, he's a bit of a nit, so I was almost positive this was a set of threes or eights...

River: J

I check, Jeff bets, and I call. He shows QJ :puke:

Meh, part of me is upset about the beat, and the other part is mad about the turn raise slowing me down. If I 3-bet does he fold? Or is 3-betting this turn OOP complete spew? Not sure...C? Anyone? Well anyway, just like that, I went from +160 to only +60 in four or so hands. Not a big deal, just a very true portrait of what live low stakes HE is all about. Had I held 3 out of 4 instead of 1 of 4 I'd be up three plus racks...but whatever.

After that I ran about even-keel then decided to call it a night once my friend Tommy met up with me for food. I had been up since about 6am (it was around 12mid or so), so calling it quits was probably a good idea. I plan on playing tomorrow night and Friday night so stay tuned for updates.

No comments: