Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Session No. 85 Capitol Tues Night (2/12)

4/8-Kill: TP = +$325 TT: 5 Hrs

So this is what running good feels like...oh how I missed you. The session started out at the extra 4/8 table in the Pai Gow room with Tony, but after a half hour or so, my name was finally called for the kill game. As soon as I sat down, I found myself in a capped pre-flop pot five or six ways with KK. I don't remember much about the hand, but I was ahead until the other pre-flop raiser hit an ace on the river (he had AJ of diamonds). It checked to me on the river and I checked behind, fairly certain my KK wasn't good anymore.

A couple orbits went by and sure enough I find myself in another big pot. There's a limp, a guy in seat four is posting after missing his blinds (he checks), the guy with AJ of diamonds in that last hand (seat five) raises. I look down at black Aces and three-bet from seat six. I get called by the BB, limper, the poster, and it gets back around to seat five who caps. Five handed we see a flop...

Flop: K:h:Q:h:7:d:

Blech. Checks to seat five who bets, I raise, BB folds, limper and poster call, seat five calls for his last two chips all-in.

Turn: 6:s:

Checked to me, I bet, both players call

River: Q:c:

Checked to me, and I think about checking behind, but I opt to fire. I get called by the poster and he shows me Q7 of diamonds for rivered trips. Yikes...way to cold-call two bets on that flop with mid-pair no kicker. I got $35 for having my aces cracked (net -$5 loss), a slight comfort for a mighty sting.

Good news though, the rest of my hands were playing out okay, and I was winning some small/medium pots whilst losing the big ones. I basically stayed in between +$80-+$130 for a majority of the session because of this...

Right around the last hour of play though I caught fire. This next hand was pretty crazy. There's a couple limpers, seat five (still the same guy) raises. I look down at red Kings and three-bet him yet again from somewhere in LP. I think seats 8 and 9 cold called my 3-bet, other players called, and it got around back to seat five who capped. I think we're six way to the flop...

Flop: J:d:8:d:4:d:

Checks to me, I bet, get called in every spot, seat 5 check-raises, I 3-bet, seat eight folds, seat nine calls, seats three and four fold, seat five calls

Turn: Q:c:

Checks to me, I bet, called by seats nine and five only

River: 4:s:

Check, I bet, seat nine calls, seat five tanks for awhile and folds. I show Kings and am good. Sick pot.

I think the next hand is KJos somewhere in MP. Limped in a few spots already, I decide to limp, folds to button who limps, BB raises, everyone calls. Maybe five or six handed to the flop.

Flop: Kxx

I honestly don't remember the other cards, but there wasn't a straight draw and the flop was rainbow. BB bets, gets called in a couple spots, I raise, fully expecting to get three-bet. Instead BB calls and the other callers call.

Turn: K:s:

Checked to me, I bet, and get called in a couple spots. There was now a spade flush draw I believe.

River: blank

Checked to me, I bet, BB calls, I show trip Kings and win another big pot.

Ahhh yes, good times. Thanks for reading, sorry for the horrible quality of my writing, but it's late/early.

I might come back and post more...we'll see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude with Q7 had two pair on flop and rivered a full house.....no wonder you run bad!!!!!!!

Shabba

Nik Santi said...

lol...err...I'm a dork. He didn't flop two pair...so let's pretend he had Q6 of diamonds.

He rivered me, w/e he did! :)