Friday, February 15, 2008

Session No. 86 Cache Thurs Night (2/14)

4/8-Kill: TP = +$500 TT: 6 Hrs

Enable God Mode. Wow so yeah, instead of shelling out a ton of money for flowers, chocolate, alcohol, ghb, etc; I decided to hit up the creek with my heterosexual life mate on V-Day i.e. Single's Awareness Day. It's cool, especially since the only chick I'm semi-interested in bought me Cheesecake Factory lunch yesterday (she spent ~$30 on me!)...I'd say I won the V-Day battle this year. I forgot to jerk it tho...whaa whaa...

Haha k anyway, I started the session off pretty hot. I had AQ hold with TP in a fairly big multiway and then won with AQ again in a HU killpot that got a couple big bets in on the turn. I was up a couple racks after a couple hours, but then some big AK-whiffs and a rivered set of tens loses to a running straight, I found myself up only about $80...that is until this hand.

Hero is in the BB with 62 of spades (this hand became known as "The Dirty Santi" sometime last summer after it won me some big kill pots out of the kill-blind). Anyway, two folds to the guy in seat one who raises, called in like five spots, and I defend my BB closing the action.

Flop: 9:c:6:c:2:h:

Bottom two FTW! By the way, the table had become ultra-donkeyfied at this point. I dunno what it was, but there was an insanely odd influx of new players tonight who have "never played before" or it was "their second time playing." People were bluff-raising the river with Q-high and all sorts of weird shit! So awesome. Anyway, seat one bets out and every person in the hand calls, I CR, seat one three-bets, we lose a couple players, the two biggest donks (seat three and seat five) call, the Superdonk (see "heterosexual life mate") calls, and I cap it. Good turn card please...

Turn: 7:d:

Meh...I bet, seat one calls, seat three calls, seat five raises, the SD folds, I look at the board and wonder what the fuck I am beating that I can actually 3-bet here, I can't think of much and opt to just call, seat one folds and seat three calls. I must say, seat five had been getting out of line with raises, so I wasn't convinced I was beat, but at the same time I didn't want to three-bet bottom two pair.

River: 2:d:

Praise Jesus, I run good, now anyway :). I bet out and both players call. Turned out I was ahead of seat five (she had A7 or some shit), but seat three had turned a straight. God I play bad...

After that hand and a couple medium-sized pots I remember being up about $220 at about 11pm. We had decided to bounce out around 11:30pm to have time to eat, so in the next half hour I managed to destroy the table for close to three more racks on top of that $220. A couple of these hands have to be kill pots, because I don't know how I was able to come up $300 in such a short amount of time...

- AK held on a KT986 board against four players, all called the pf raise, flop bet and turn bet
- QQ held against a possible flush turn and rivered Ace against four opponents (same bets as before)
- KJ flops top pair against four opponents and holds.
- K5 out of the BB flops trips

I just ran really really well, not much else to say. I think I played pretty well, but it's easy to do when you hit/hold in every hand you raise pre-flop. Like I've said before, I just wish I'd run "normal" sometimes, instead of this "500+ day, neg 300 day, neg 200 day, +400 day" shit. Swinging isn't fun when you're on the down end obv, but let me tell you, coming up five racks in a 4/8-kill game in six hours (the last three racks in basically less than an hour) is such a sick feeling.

No comments: