Sunday, April 15, 2007

Welcome to my Blog

The goal of this blog is to successfully track my live play results deeper than just "total profit" and "hours spent playing." I am close to graduating from UC Davis with my Bachelor's Degree in Psych, so my live play has taken a backseat to school over the past few months. Saturday night (4/14/07) was my first night back to Cache Creek in over two months. I hope to start playing semi-regularly (once a week) live again, and work my way up in stakes.

At the beginning of this month, I heard a rumor from my buddy that Cache Creek had started spreading 10/20, and that perhaps this was my time to move up in limits from my usual 4/8 Kill game. Unfortunately, I went to CC on Saturday night and there was zero interest in a 10/20 game and most of the dealers I am cool with said they had yet to see a 10/20 game in progress. So much for moving up?

Still, my last few sessions at the 4/8 Kill game have been slight losers, and I'm actually left pondering whether or not I should be in a hurry to move up at all. I know (or at least think I know) that I am a solid player and would be able to "hang" up there, and many of the guys from Cardplayer have said that I seem like I am ready, but I think I need to run well for a couple 4/8 K sessions before I attempt any move upwards.

Also, as a slight warning, I'm going to use this blog more as a place of information and reference for myself, and it won't necessarily be a great read. Most of my readers will probably be guys from Cardplayer or +1 who will most likely find this stuff interesting, but if you're a casual reader and just want to be entertained, this blog might not be for you.

Anyway, that's the intro. Hopefully I can make this as interesting, fun, and informative as possible. Thanks for reading.

No comments: