Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Session No.2 Monday Night (4/23) Part II

So, like I said, I was on a complete heater and had well over 400 chips in front of me. The game slowly but surely dwindled down to less and less players. The wife in seat 8 went busto pretty quickly, her husband (Seat 7) followed her away and left his monsterous chip stack at the table, seat 4 (Lag) was gone soon after, and after the donk in seat 2 busted, we were down to 5 players.

The players who remained had been doing okay so far. David (Seat 3) was running really well, and we hadn't really clashed much. Diane (Seat 6) started whining to the floorman as soon as it got down to six players. She hates playing short-handed (I absolutely love SH by the way) and she wouldn't quit bitching. She was down almost two buy-ins at this point and was visibly frustrated. The other regular (Seat 9) was about break even from what I could tell and had been pretty quiet. Cesar (Seat 5) was up and had been playing pretty aggressively after the flop, yet before the flop I saw him simply cold-call AKs and JJ against David in a couple of hands. This observation would affect how I played the following hand.

It was KQs UTG 5-Handed so I raised, David folded, Cesar called, and the BB calls. Flop came K-High with 2 clubs so I bet, Cesar raised, the BB folds, and I simply call. The turn is a blank but I still check. In hindsight I probably should of led out, but for some reason I thought he had AK or a set at this point, but still couldn't find a fold. He bets the turn and I just call. The river is another blank and it checks through. He shows KJ and I kick myself for not playing a tad more aggressively...

I slowly but surely turned up my aggression in LP and I picked on David a little bit while he was in the SB. I made sure if I was playing a hand I was coming in for a raise, and it worked pretty well as I picked up a couple kill pots by simply raising pre-flop and continuing to fire. Eventually David takes off and we're down to 4-handed. We play a couple orbits before seat 9 leaves and now it's 3-handed. Dianne is bitching the entire time and is tilting/calling everything down in sight. Finally a floorman comes over and has us draw cards for the two remaining seats at the only other 4/8 K table. Dianne drew a Ten, Cesar drew a King, and I flipped over a 3 of spades. Rigged! I have roughly 500 chips in front of me and now I have to wait for a spot to open.

I sat there talking to my dealer friend for a couple minutes before the floorman tells me he has a NL seat available. I figure "what the hell" and cash out $310 and save my remaining $200 to go to the NL table. While I'm at the cage I make it a point to flirt with a very cute Asian girl. She asked me if I had a good night and wondered why I was leaving so early. I said "yeah I came up a good amount, but I'm still playing." She got confused so I had to explain how my 4/8 game broke and now I'm off to donk off my 200 chips that were still at the other table. She smiled and wished me luck, telling me to bring back more chips to cash in...sadly, my profit was only going to go down from here.

Anyway, I sat for a couple orbits at NL and saw like one flop. Finally a 4/8 spot opened up and Diane was still bitching. I was ready to move to seat 7 when I hear "hello I'm moving there" from Dianne. Umm...okay. So I realized that she's trying to move there, but she was currently playing her BB. Great, I had to wait three hands after seat 7 left before I could play a hand.

So I finally sit down and am ready to choke Dianne, especially since she leaves 5 hands after I tried to sit down and she never returns. Next time I see her I'm going to kick her in the throat... Haha anyway this table was pretty shitty for me. Here's how it went in a nutshell.

QQ < KK on a Ten-high board, capped PF, led the flop, called down once raised
JJ < A4 on a AK4 flop vs. three other players
JJ < TT when the dude turns a set
AK < A8 after I C-bet a blank flop and A8 calls only to hit an 8 on the turn
99 < ??

I don't feel like bitching, so I won't, but I ran soooooooooo good in the first part of my 4/8 session and this last hour was the exact opposite. I'm lucky I didn't lose more, as I picked up a couple hands while I was there, but those 5 hands above killed me. Namely the last three, they were the last three hands I played and they came in about a 10-hand span.

I'll probably talk about the 99 hand a little more later on, maybe when I have time I'll make a thread over at CP about it.

Anyway, thanks for reading...I think I'm going again Wednesday night, so stay tuned!

No comments: