Thursday, June 11, 2009

Vegas TR Day Two Part II: Mesa Grill and The Rio

After walking back and changing at Harrahs, me and Fender met up with the Superdonk, Deuce, workgirl and her friend at Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill inside of Caesars. Our waitress was a bit rude, but aside from that the food was pretty good, although a tad pricey. I got the grilled lamb porterhouse chops cooked medium with a side tamale. Honestly, the lamb was awesome, and tasted the best out of the other three dishes I tried (work girl's pork sirloin, Tommy's tuna steak, and fender's salmon). Oh their pesto mashed potatoes were the nuts, but overall I'd say it was a tad too pricey and not enough quantity (obv I'd say that) for the food they served. Good, not great...oh and Deuce got blindsided by an awful $16 long island ice tea...haha sucks to be him.

After dinner we all broke off, changed in our respective rooms, and met up with Shabba minus the girls at Mirage's cabline to go sweat Shifty at the Rio. We arrived and were greeted by Rambler, Dennis, A-Kid, and Pika. After checking out the packed cash games, Deuce, Shabba, Fender, Tommy and Pika decided to cab it back to the strip and I hung around with the rest of the guys to sweat Shifty. He was a couple tables deep away from the rail, so only Rambler could see enough of the action to know what was going on. Instead I walked over to Humberto Brenes' table, and since he was in the eight seat, he was right next to the rail where I was standing.

Now, for the record, I was always kinda got annoyed by Humberto's CHARRKKK coverage he gets on TV. I've always heard though that he's a great player and on the table minus the cameras he's super nice and entertaining. Those that say that were right. After sweating him a bit people would come up to the rail behind me, talk about the shark, and he'd get up at times in between hands and talk to them. Tell them "It's CHARK, CH CH CH" and give everyone a laugh. Eventually he started showing me his cards and saying "you play along with Humberto?" and I just nodded and said "sure, that's awesome." He even offered me some gum :lol:

Later on after I left Humberto's rail to talk to shifty, some douchebag kid with a hot girlfriend railed Humberto for a bit. He was loud and obnoxious, but Humberto was cool with them and the crowd that kinda gravitated toward them. After him and his girlfriend left I walked back over and Humberto started talking to me in spanish "Chica guapa si?" and I was just like "si, muy bonita, pero su novio es douchebag." That got a laugh from Humberto and made everyone else on the rail think I could speak spanish, when in reality I'm god awful. Fun times, I'm now an Humberto fan for sure.

After watching Shifty make the money, we all caught a cab back toward civilization and I think we donked it up at some more 4/8??? I think that's what we did, I may have played some O8 for awhile, honestly it's a bit fuzzy, but after O8 we all got onto another 4/8 table and played some. After the 4/8 broke around 5am I bribed Tommy and A-Kid with a free breakfast as long as they went to the deli with me, there I got some some french toast and a side of bacon. Turns out splitting a plate of bacon with me got A-Kid hooked on it for the rest of the trip as he ordered at least two more plates for himself that I know of spread out throughout the rest of the trip.

Oh and Reb called me while we were at the deli, turns out he was right behind me walking by, but was too much of a pansy to come up to me and say hi. Apparently him and Tommy were eye-fucking for awhile, unsure of whether or not one was the other, that's why he called :lol: We shot the shit for awhile until they decided to break off and go to the Paris breakfast buffet.

Next time we'll cover Rambler throwing the hammer vs me at 1/2 NL and I'll talk about the Horse game we played at Mirage with a certain well-known poker celeb.

No comments: